Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Robert self portrait on ebay

Janie from Cure News is selling a Robert self portrait on ebay: "I was given this picture when I ran the Cure's fan club back in the early 1990's. Unfortunately I no longer have room for it due to an imminent down-sizing of my office. The picture is very rare, only 1250 were produced and this is number 826, so they are rarely available. It was produced in the US by the band's merchandise agent at the time - Brockum. The print contains Robert's hand-written lyrics from "Letter to Elise" in fine hand-writing and also contains the words "self portrait Autumn 1990 Robert" in chunky marker pen - although I'm not sure if this is an original signature, or a print of his signature. The print measures 69cm x 49cm and is in a plain black frame with perspex / plastic glass. This is a genuine piece of Cure memorabilia and a fantastic addition to any serious collection! Shipping will be charged at actual cost (approximately £12 UK - rest of World approximately £25), once I know where to send the item and whether shipping insurance is required - you're welcome to collect from Yeading, West London, if preferred. Check out my other listings to see my ultra-rare collection of Cure 7" singles!" (Thanks Chris)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh Curenews..
    I remember writing to Janie sometime in '96 to get the most recent copy. Another couple of editions after that it stopped due to a marvellous thing called "the Internet"..
    I loved those days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, it was so fun to recieve Curenews in the mailbox. Remember, we had to wait for months for the next one? Terrible :)
    Thanks Janie, thanks Craig.

    ReplyDelete