Friday, June 11, 2010

Shawn playing some Cure on WBNY tonight

"In celebration of the release of the deluxe remaster of The Cure's 'Disintegration', I'll be playing a few songs featured on there and the online disc 'Alternative Rarities 1988-1989' during my show tonight on 91.3 WBNY in Buffalo, NY, which normally runs from 11pm-1am ET on Friday nights, but will go an extra hour tonight to accommodate those tracks. I'll be playing one each hour, in addition to other good music which you may enjoy, so listen in if you can either on the radio, or online. I'll be recording the show and posting it online shortly thereafter, so if you can't hear it live, you can listen later. I hope that you enjoy the show!"
(Thanks Shawn)

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to add that a few surprises may be heard, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shawn, i am tuning in. hearing the surprise now

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what was the surprise? I'm having trouble finding where to listen to the posted show...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin, the surprises were tracks by former Cure members, specifically Phil Thornalley, Boris Williams in his post-Cure band Babacar, and Lol's Presence (a b-side from one of their singles) and Levinhurst (an early track that's no longer available), as well as the alternate vocal mix of 'Perfect Murder' from the deluxe remaster of 'Blue Sunshine'.

    I haven't yet posted the show, but I'm going to do that in a couple of minutes.

    By the way, the Cure tracks that I played were, in order:

    Plainsong (unremastered)
    Disintegration (unremastered Entreat version)
    2Late (Studio 'WIP' Mix 11/88)
    Faith (unremastered full bootleg version of the "Tiananmen Square" version)

    ReplyDelete